Press Release: Suspending all forms of cooperation with Nusra
We, the undersigned, heads of factions that have come together to save the Syrian revolution of freedom and dignity, and to defend Aleppo and Morek (in rural Hama), on which Assad’s forces and militias have recently launched a fierce offensive, express our rejection of Jabhat al-Nusra’s withdrawal from Aleppo front.
It is also unacceptable that Jabhat al-Nusra attack Free Syrian Army (FSA) groups in liberated areas under the pretext of attacking infidels.
Turning its guns away from the regime, Jabhat al-Nusra is trying to divert the revolution from its fundamental principles.
The Syrian people, however, will not fall for that which ISIS has already done.
As it is our duty to provide security for and ensure the protection of the Syrian people who took to the streets in 2011, we:
- Reiterate our commitment to the safety of Syrian citizens in liberated areas and to holding accountable any group or individual that violate
the rights of the Syrian people in active legal and civil bodies.
- Reaffirm our commitment to the save Aleppo agreement, and do our best to achieve that purpose.
- Consider any attacks on the FSA in the liberated areas, without returning to the legitimate legal and civil bodies, an attack on ourselves, and thus our response will be immediate and decisive.
- Suspend any and all forms of cooperation and coordination with the Jabhat al Nusra.
- Hazm Movement
- 13th Division
- 101st Division
- Nour Eddin Zinki Brigade
- Fursan Alhaq Brigade
- Syrian Revolutionary Front
Signed July 21, 2014